Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Again..

It's been a while and I apologize for being shitty about updating. However again I swear I've been busy. I have a lot more coming and I wanted to participate in NaNoWriMo this year but it just isn't happening. No time.

Anyways, I just got some Posca markers because I want to draw at Iksentric (in the UK) and not make a total ass out of myself by not knowing how to use 'em. So I created a Qee, and for those of you who aren't obsessed with vinyl toys, consider yourself lucky and unfortunate that I will now educate you. They are toys made from vinyl, and a lot of modern/pop/low-brow artists are creating toys, both limited edition and unlimited for collectors of art it's a great affordable way to get a hold of some artwork. For the collectors of things (such as myself) it's a great way to find a new obsession of "rare" and "exotic" figures.

The craze started in Japan and then quickly leap frogged into the US and now it's a world wide disease. A disease I full endorse. I guess I should also mention that a few years ago Ryan from Iksentric was nice enough to put on an exhibition full of these modified vinyl toys and allowed me to put 2 toys into the show.

Enough with my mumblings and musings. Here's the pictures of the toy I made (in the same vein as my sketchbook)!






1 comment:

  1. Definitely, like the Qee.
    It's fun and a conversation piece.
    Really cool layers of the writing and drawings.
    I totally want this toy!

    ReplyDelete